Codfish Fritters have basic ingredients such as egg, flour, milk, oil and of course the codfish but the herbs and spices tend to vary. Some recipes call for 1 chopped Scotch Bonnet and another recipe may use a table spoon of hot sauce. There is a lot of room for creative expression.
- 1 lb. Codfish, cooked, shredded
and washed with lime and water
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp favorite cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives and thyme.
- 1 tsp. finely chopped onions and garlic
- 1 lb. flour
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 liter milk
- 1 medium frying pan, with vegetable oil for frying
In mixing bowel, combine all the above dry ingredients. Slowly add eggs, and milk. Form into 1 inch balls, carefully spoon into the hot oil for frying. When golden brown, remove and drain off well. Serves 4 to 6 people.
See Caribbean Food and Drink Recipes at: http://multiculturalcookingnetwork.com/regions/caribbean.html