Approx 20 – 30 pieces
- 400-500g side of Tasmanian Salmon
- 1 sheet Paperbark Roll (sliced)
- 1-2ml food grade Eucalyptus Oil
- 50ml Sugar Syrup
- 100g Ricotta Cheese
- 1 small Bunch Chives
- 1 Sour Dough French Stick
- 5g black & white Sesame Seeds
- In a baking tray lay a little paperbark on the base of the tray.
- Over the paperbark, place a cooling rack to rest the salmon upon.
- Add eucalyptus oil to the sugar syrup and brush over the salmon fillet.
- Cover with foil, then place over the stove and begin to heat the tray, to begin smoking the salmon.
- Leave on the stove for 30 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tray.
- When cool brush with remaining sugar syrup, cover and store in cool room over night.
- Slice the fresh French stick, spread a little ricotta cheese, then place a small amount of the salmon, dust with sesame seeds and freshly chopped chives