- 2 jalapeno chilies,
- dash of pepper,
- tortilla chips,
- 2 ripe large avocados,
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped,
- ½ cup of chopped medium onion,
- 1 tbsp of lime juice,
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice,
- 1 and ½ cups of 2 medium tomatoes,
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro, and ½ tsp of salt.
1) Remove stems, seeds, and membranes from the chilies and then chop them. Cut the avocados lengthwise in half and remove the pit and peel. Mash the avocados in a bowl with a fork.
2) Stir in the chilies and remaining ingredients except for the chips. Mix well.
3) Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to blend the flavors and serve with the tortilla chips.
4) Enjoy all that flavorful history rushing in.
* Base of recipe from Betty Crocker, then customized.