Barbecue Salmon Filets are a quick, light and healthy summertime entrée. Simply brush a little olive oil over the filets before barbecuing or even coat the skin side with a lemon-pepper seasoning for an extra layer of flavor.
- 2 salmon filets or steaks
- 15 baby potatoes
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- Juice of 3/4 of a large lemon
- 1/4 cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp of finely chopped sweet basil
- 1 Tbsp of lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp of finely ground black peppercorns
- Olive oil for brushing
- In a shallow dish, add the ground black ppper, lemon zest and 1/4 tsp of sea salt. Mix well.
- Brush the salmon filets in a little olive oil, then press the skin side down in the lemon pepper mixture. Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and then boil them for about 20 minutes over a high heat or until done. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix the extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, chopped basil and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Whisk quickly to emulsify the mixture. Set aside.
- Now barbecue the salmon skin side down first for about 5 minutes and then gently turn the salmon over and cook until desired doneness.