Pista Ice cream is a very popular recipe. Check out this gourmet take on this ice cream.
Ingredients for Saffron Pista Ice-Cream:
* 4 liters milk
* 1 ½ cup sugar
* ¾ cup milk powder
* 1 tbsp custard powder
* 1 tbsp agar-agar powder
* 2-3 drops green food coloring
* 2-3 drops pista essence
* Few saffron threads dissolved in ¼ cup milk
* 25 gm pistachios, finely chopped
Directions for making Saffron Pista Ice-Cream:
1. Boil milk until it is reduced to half the volume.
2. Add custard powder, boil for a minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add agar-agar powder, stir and remove from heat.
4. Divide mixture equally in two baking pans.
5. To one pan add saffron mixture and add green color and pistachios to other pan. Beat the mixture well.
6. Cover pans with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until partially frozen.
7. Spoon mixture into chilled bowls and beat again to smooth.
8. Transfer saffron mixture to a baking pan and pour pista ice-cream over it.
9. Return to freezer to set.
10. Enjoy your Saffron Pista Ice-Cream. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Visit http://www.indianfood-recipes.com/ for more Indian Dessert Recipes
Below, enjoy watching classic preparation of Pista Kulfi.