This recipe was shared by a fan at our Multi Cultural Cooking Network Fan Page at Facebook. Enjoy. It looks scrumptious.
Barbara Roman’s Recipe for Red Curry Chicken-My recipe was done with chicken breast but you can use this recipe and put the choice of protein you like.
* 1 1/3 cup coconut cream, reserve 2 tablespoons (30ml) for garnish
* 2 1/4 cup coconut milk
* 6 oz (200g) roast duck, thinly sliced
* 1.76 oz (50g) red curry paste
* 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
* 1 tablespoon (20g) palm sugar
* 3 kaffir lime leaves: 2 torn into pieces, discarding the stem and 1 finely shredded (for garnish)
* 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) pieces
* 1 1/2 cup (5oz, 150g) fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces (1 inch x 1.5 inch)
* 6 small cherry tomatoes (4 oz, 100 grams)
* 10 seedless grapes (optional)
* 3/4 cup (1 oz, 30g) sweet basil leaves (reserve some for garnish)
1. Pour the coconut cream into a wok or sauce pan and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the coconut oil begins to separate out.
2. Add the curry paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and torn kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the duck and eggplant. Bring to a boil. Then add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pineapple and cherry tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the grapes (if using) and sweet basil leaves. Turn off the heat and serve garnished with the remaining kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil and a few spoonfuls of thick coconut milk.