Golden Globes, American Music Awards, Grammy Night and the Oscars are among the biggest event nights not just for the stars going to glamorous but millions more people take the time to gather for celebration. As we root for a our favorite singer, rapper, actor or movie we munch and sip the night away. A great way to plan your menu especially when it comes to film award shows is by genre. One year MCCN took a suggestion from a commenter about the concept of an Avatini. We searched for Blue Martini recipe and named it the Avatini of course of one of the most celebrated films of the year. In 2011 True Grit presents an opportunity to pull out a gourmet shrimp and grits recipe. In the social Network Justin Timberlake orders a round of appletini’s. Each year the nominations may follow a particular culture prominently featured in the film. It presents easy idea. Champagne and Sparkling Cider are always the celebration night old standby. Here are some options. Send us your suggestions.
- Cupcakes are very trendy right now with so many expressions just like music they are great finger food. Some of the best cupcake spots include Big Man Bakes, Brooklyn Cupcakes, Cupcake and Cookie…READ MORE. (Photo Cupcake Wars Winner Cupcake and Cookie)
- Try your hand at Chicken and Waffle or pick up some. Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles made them famous but many restaurants have incorporated this pairing in their menu. Fried or Jerk Chicken wings are great with this.
- Music awards are often the crossroads of casual meets glamor so we suggest grilled cheese and wine. See Grilled Cheese and Wine Pairings.
Films Set in England
- Wassail Recipe– It’s a great way to warm up your guests coming in from the Cold
Films Set in France:
- Escargo in Garlic and Butter
Films Set in Manhattan, NY
Asian Themed Films:
Western Movies or Country Music Awards
Films Set in Mexico
- Cracker Jacks
- Chicago Hot Dog
Films taking places in Latin Countries (Central America, Cuba, Puerto Rico)
- Pina Colada
- Chicharrones(pork cracklings)
- Yucca Croquets by Chef Jay Bonilla
Films Set in Italy/Italian American Films
Films set in West Africa(Sierra Leone, Gambia, Nigeria,…)
Films Set in the Middle East
Films Set in India
Films Set in the Caribbean