Tavaris Peele is a world traveler, Multi Cultural Cooking Network fan at FBsharing with us five great things to do while visiting South Africa.
1. Table Mountain- is a flat-topped mountain forming a prominent landmark overlooking the city of Cape Town in South Africa.
2. Robben Island- Since the end of the 17th century, Robben Island has been used for the isolation of mainly political prisoners. The Dutch settlers were the first to use Robben Island as a prison. Nelson Mandela was imprisoned there. The photo below is of one of Nelson Mandela’s cellmates telling us about Robben Island.
3. Camp’s Bay Beach-Camps Bay beach is Cape Town’s answer to St Tropez and one of the many Camps Bay attractions. It offers spectacular views of Lion’s Head and the Twelve Apostles and its fine white sand is packed with beautiful people, especially over weekends and during holidays. Camps Bay’s long stretch of beach is perfect for sunbathing and its open flatness means that team activities like Frisbee and social beach volleyball can also be enjoyed by the more active visitors.
4. Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope-Cape Point is a promontory at the southeast corner of the Cape Peninsula, which is a mountainous and scenic landform that runs north-south for about thirty kilometres at the extreme southwestern tip of the African continent in the Republic of South Africa.
5. Safari in Kruger National Park.
Bonus Tip! Make sure you eat at Nelson’s Eye Restaurant in Cape Town. It is a steakhouse, open since the 1960’s. http://www.nelsons-eye.co.za/menu_light.htm
Where to Stay in South Africa for Wine Regions