Before Chef Efren Cardenas became an Executive Chef at Red O in Los Angeles, he shared a recipe for what he calls Cranberry Decadent Bars. Oh those proper chefs but we know them as a seasonal treat found at Starbucks
called the cranberry bliss bar. Learn how to make them and have it with coffee.
- Orange Zest
- Tablespoon of Grand Marnier
- 6 ounces of Cream Cheese
- 2 cups of Confectionary Sugar
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ¼ of granulated sugar
- 1 and ¼ cup of cranberries
- 2 ½ sticks of butter
- 1 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- 2 and half cups of all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
Directions for Batter: Combine dry ingredients in a bowl through a sifter except for sugar. Knock it through the sifter. Put in mixer and wait until batter is creamy before adding sugar. Add Grand Marnier to eggs then add the egg into the batter while it mixes one at a time. Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips. Line pan with parchment paper and cooking spray. Spread batter to edge of the pan. Cooking at 360 degrees.
Directions for Frosting
Mix cream cheese and butter in mixer. Slowly add confectionary sugar. Add cranberries. Coat the cranberry bars then zest(candied or fresh) and enjoy.