Kale chips are growing in popularity at stores and First Lady Michelle Obama in her quest for healthy living stopped by Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show to do a skit with Will Ferrell about exercise and healthy eating. The snack she promoted was kale chips.
What kale chips are not:
- Crunchy. They are really too thin to have any crunch.
- Just like potato chips, but, you know, not fattening. The fact is, they are nothing like potato chips – they don’t taste like them, and they don’t have the same texture. But they areaddicting.
What kale chips are:
- Thin, crispy, and light as air. Seriously – they will blow away in a light breeze. I know this to be true by experience.
- A bit of an acquired taste. They still have a bit of a “green” flavor to them, though mostly they taste salty (especially if you overdo it like I tend to do).
- Easy. From garden to salty snacking in 15 minutes, if you desire.
- Really, really addicting. Have I mentioned they’re addicting?
Grab some fresh kale and try this recipe. Click Here