The Golden Foodie Awards voting is August 11 – 17. All voting will take place at GoldenFoodieAwards.com.
This year we are excited to have new hosts: Aarti Sequeira, TV host and cookbook author and Neil Saavedra host of the popular Fork Report radio show.
Below are some important event facts.
- FACT: The Golden Foodie Awards are the ONLY food awards in Orange County where the votes are audited by a third party accounting firm.
- Who picks the winners? We believe Democracy is the best policy. The GFAs are the People’s Choice Food Awards. It is important that people decide who wins.
- Who votes? This is a People’s Choice Award. During the week of August 11 – 17, all food and drink loving members of the community are invited to cast their votes. Voting takes place at GoldenFoodieAwards.com – (NOTE: The titles of Chef of the Year and Pastry Chef of the Year are determined by Industry votes)
- As a restaurant, can I pay to win? Absolutely not. This is not a pay-to-play process — awards are determined by a democratic system in which the one with the most votes wins.
- As a restaurant, do I have to work with a public relations team to win? Of course not. However, if you have PR representation, use it — after all, their job to promote you. If you do not, you certainly don’t need it. Be creative with your marketing and outreach. If you are active on social media, use it. If you have a large database of loyal guests, ask them for votes. Your loyal customers are the ones you want to reach out to. Campaigning is permitted in any democracy. So long as there is no bribery, couponing, discounts or other incentives offered in exchange for votes. Should that happen, the restaurant will be disqualified.