- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 3 onions(chopped)
- 2 big beets
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 small head of cabbage
- Cook meat for 2 hours in *water* or until meat is very tender -reserve liquid (*add water if needed along the way)
- Get meat out of pot and shred-set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrots in small skillet-set aside with meat.
- Boil beets in meat broth/water until soft.
- Take beets out and shred.
- Cut up raw potatoes and raw cabbage.
- Put all-(the sautéed mixture–beets, meat, raw ingredients)–together in broth/water.
- Boil until potatoes are done (about 30 minutes).
- Add spices according to taste.
- Serve with sour cream!
- This Russian Borsch recipe was taken from RecipeZaar.
Russian Borsch is just one of the traditional Russian foods, Check out a recipe for Chocolate and Cherry Bread. Click Here.