What happens when you pair black eyed peas with jalepenos, a recipe for success in my cookbook. And that ‘s what happens when you pair Lance Gross and America Fererra as two people in love with the bonus of watching Forest Whitaker and Carlos Mencia play two fathers at odds in the new movie, Our Family Wedding. The Movie is set to hit theaters March 12th. Stayed tuned. MCCN plans to have a lot of fun with the multi-cultural Mexican and African American wedding. Jaqueline Mazarella , Regina King, Taye Diggs and many more stars.
Dinner any one? This Chorizo Corn bread stuffing recipe could be a winner at family dinners: http://multiculturalcookingnetwork.com/regions/north-america/item/51-cornbread-chorizo-stuffing-recipe.html
Photo by MCCN: Taye Diggs Announces Music Nominees
The NAACP Image Awards is the nation’s premier event celebrating the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color in the arts (motion picture, television, recording, and literature), as well as those individuals or groups who promote social justice through their creative endeavors.
This year the Awards show proves to be quite a Multi-cultural event with nominees including Adam Rodriguez, Paula Patton, Sandara Bullock, America Ferrera, Taye Diggs and more.
Photo by MCCN: Celebrities Announcers
Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture
- Anika Noni Rose – “The Princess and the Frog” (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
- Gabourey Sidibe – “Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
- Sandra Bullock – “The Blind Side” (Warner Bros. Pictures)
- Sophie Okonedo – “Skin” (Jour De Fete Films)
- Taraji P. Henson – “Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself” (Lionsgate)
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
- Adam Rodriguez – “Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself” (Lionsgate)
- Anthony Mackie – “The Hurt Locker” (Summit Entertainment)
- Chiwetel Ejiofor – “2012” (Columbia Pictures)
- Danny Glover – “2012” (Columbia Pictures)
- Lenny Kravitz – “Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
- Alfre Woodard – “American Violet” (Samuel Goldwyn Films)
- Mariah Carey – “Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
- Mo’Nique – “Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
- Paula Patton – “Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
- Zoe Saldana – “Avatar” (Paramount Pictures)
The nominees listed in the following categories were voted upon by Subcommittees.
Outstanding Independent Motion Picture
- “American Violet” (Samuel Goldwyn Films)
- “Amreeka” (National Geographic Entertainment)
- “Endgame” (Montery Entertainment)
- “Medicine for Melancholy” (IFC Films)
- “Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
Outstanding Foreign Motion Picture
- “The Maid” (Elephant Eye Films)
- “Rudo y Cursi” (Sony Pictures Classics)
- “Sin Nombre” (Focus Features)
- “Skin” (Jour De Fete Films)
- “The Stoning of Soraya M.” (Mpower Pictures)
See at Complete listing of the nominations at : http://www.naacpimageawards.net/41/nominees-and-voting/nominees/
See More photos from the Press conference at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111272&id=654701864&saved#/album.php?aid=111272&id=654701864
Sure, the classic broadway song Seasons of Love is not your traditional holiday song but the story of Rent takes place during Christmas time and the cast filled with cultural diversity which we love to celebrate at MCCN. However, aside from culture which is down played in the story in a wonderful way, a recurring theme in Rent is the problem of homelessness. The holiday season tends to make it easier to supply food to those in need. Many organizations have can food drives or need help in soup kitchens. Make this a season of love.
Check back here for updates of where you can help in your area.
With recent deaths of beloved celebrities Farrah Fawcett and Patrick Swayze, it is easy to understand why the American Cancer Society prides itself on being the official Sponsor of Birthdays. Last Week the Shonda Rhimes and the stars of Private Practice gathered at Spagos to support the American Cancer Society. (Read the story with commentary from Tim Daly and Kade Strickland)
by Crystal A. Johnson
At an American Cancer Society event, the slogan of the night was, “The Official Sponsor of Birthdays.” Celebs shared with the Multi Cultural Cooking Network what their ideal birthday dinner would be. Stay tuned for that info on our official website.
The cast and series creator Shonda Rhimes (wearing black and in the center) blow out the candles of a delectable looking chocolate cake at Spagos. The Cocoa Cake with Pudwill Farms Red Raspberries and Valrhona Chocolate Pearls. Designed by Spago Executive Pastry Chef Sherry Yard. Believe me, the photo does no justice!
See Video of KaDee Strickland, Kate Walsh and Tim Daly making birthday wishes.