Southern Hospitality was co-created by Eytan Sugarman, Trace Ayala and Justin Timberlake. Approximately three years ago, Sugarman,Ayala, and Timberlake discussed the idea of bringing Memphis-style BBQ and ribs to the New York City marketplace. The three friends spent a year creating the Southern Hospitality concept and were actively involved in all elements of design, menu offerings, and musical format. (SEE LOCATIONS) The restaurants serve authentic Memphis-style BBQ boasting traditional Southern specialties prepared by Executive Chef Jay Lippin, ranging from Dry-Rub Spareribs to Pulled Pork and Wings of the South. On one of MCCN’s anniversary’s the restaurant share this recipe. Yield: 1 Portion INGREDIENTS:
- Pickle Chips 15 Ea
- Egg 1 Ea
- Water 1 Tbs.
- AP Flour 1/4 C
- Panko Bread Crumbs 1Ž2C.
1. Crack egg into bowl. Add water and wisk until incorporated.
2. Dredge pickle chips in AP flour.
3. Lift pickles from flour, letting excess flour remain. Transfer to egg mixture.
4. Toss pickles in egg mixture until coated.
5. Transfer pickle chips to a bowl with bread crumbs. Toss with bread crumbs until each pickle chip is crusted with bread crumbs.
6. Heat deep fat fryer to 350F.
7. Lift pickles from bread crumbs, letting excess remain. Carefully drop into heated oil.
8. When pickle chips are evenly golden brown, remove from deep fryer. Transfer to a paper towel lined bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Serve with your favorite dip. We use BBQ ranch, which is a blend of ranch dressing and BBQ sauce.